Alexander Amosu, a young entrepreneur who turned his interest in technology and the mobile phone industry into a commercial success story, started business at the age of 12 earning £10 per week doing a paper round.
At 16 Alexander promoted basketball tournaments, five-a-side football, table tennis and club nights in his spare time. Alexander promoted and managed over 25 club nights, widening his experience and strengthening his business acumen.
At the age of 19, Alexander wrote a business plan which was reviewed by the Prince’s Trust. The Trust didn’t delay in awarding him a grant to start his new business venture for a cleaning company that he oversaw and ran for three years whilst continuing his studies.
He became a millionaire at the age of 25 in his first year of entering the ringtones arena when he launched RnB Ringtones.
Alexander’s passion for technology, entrepreneurial skills and determination has resulted in his Company becoming the UK’s No.1 provider of ringtones and graphics.
The Company’s runaway success story has attracted media frenzy. Such is the interest that he has appeared in several TV shows including GMTV, Channel 4’s Flash documentary, an interview on Ruby Wax’s daytime programme and BBC2 Documentary Mind of a Millionaire.
He has been ranked number 98 in the UK’s most powerful British business people in technology & telecoms by The Telegraph and featured in the Sunday Times ‘top 40 under 40’ in the UK
He has finished filming the Nigerian version of the BBC’s Dragons Den in Nigeria, investing in other peoples’ businesses becoming the youngest investor on Dragon Den across all the countries its featured on.
- Started his first job at 12 doing paper round
- Launched a cleaning company called Home Care Cleaning Agency at age 19 turning over £4,000 p/m with a total of 12 clients and 4 employees.
- Launched the first Urban ringtones company in Europe called Rnbringtones at the age of 24 in 1999 and sold it in 2004
- Made his first million pounds at the age 25 when RnB Ringtones turned over £1.6 million in its first year of trading.
- Awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Business & Entrepreneurship at London Metropolitan University.
- Launched his own luxury brand www.alexanderamosu.co.uk
- Created World’s most expensive suit certified by Guinness World Records, which currently stands.
- Designed 100 limited edition diamond key necklaces, Number 1 was worn by Alicia Keys and Number 2 by Queen Latifah, 35 has been sold to A List celebrities with collaboration with Russell Simmons Jewellery to create and make the line in United states.
- Made in partnership with Gout De Diamants the most expensive champagne in the world.
- Featured on a 3 part series on CNN documentary (African voices) about his life.